Ready for leftovers? Here are a couple of more recipes from Nicole to help you avoid the same old, same old!
Healthy Black Friday Wraps
- 1 package wraps/tortillas (such as Food for Life Sprouted Grain Tortillas)
- 1 container of hummus (any flavor)
- Leftover turkey or other protein (or double the veggies for a veggie wrap)
- 1 package of greens (baby kale or spinach)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Other optional ingredients: sprouts, cabbage, carrots, tomatoes
Heat the tortilla up for a few seconds to make it more pliable — via microwave or stovetop. Spread hummus in middle of the tortilla, then top with greens, red bell pepper, turkey and avocado. Roll up. Voila–you have a portable lunch!
Autumn Rolls with Peanut Hoisin Dipping Sauce
- Turkey, chicken, sweet potatoes, peas
- Rice paper wrappers
- 1 cup baby spinach
- various julienned veggies like carrot, red pepper, scallions, cucumber
For the Hoisin Peanut Dip
- 1/4 cup hoisin
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar or fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin puree for a holiday flair
- Working one at a time, wet rice paper for 10 seconds and transfer to a work surface; place spinach in the center of each wrapper and top with holiday leftovers and juliened veggies.
- Bring the bottom edge of the wrap tightly over the filling, rolling from bottom to top until the top of the sheet is reached, being careful not to tear the rice paper. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Serve hoisin peanut dip.